[Bell Historians] Slider Manufacturers

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at sglQf7eFpR49zxqJKvOSUG0U2uY6kzGZvKslyc9_FkZyjsKsk2cZdJq7yX4-fw54Cd8NmTpKerYPL5TURuE.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 10 15:42:35 BST 2010

Hello Everyone,

Many thanks to all of you who have answered my request for slider
advice.   Our choice will be to go with Taylors as they can produce one
and deliver it to me at the CCCBR meeting in Derby.  How I'll get it
home to Canada will be another problem.  :-)

Someone asked why not get it done in Canada - we have lots of wood.
That is very true.  The problem lies in the fact that no one will do it
for a reasonable price.   They are just not into curved pieces of wood.

That thickness does not look right, does it.   1-1/4 in. would be more
apt.   I'll see if I can get another quick visit to the tower before
leaving tomorrow evening to confirm.

The problem is that the pivot hole has worn over the last 100 years and
now the slider tilts at the end of each stroke, making the set of the
bell feel spongy.  It does not worry me but upsets some ringers.

Best wishes and thanks to one and all

Alan