[Bell Historians] Mardale

David Sloman david at jTQKj7lWCnrAj6BRONW3lH-x9xl9Kz3cBhL_UtU7v89PGv_NLLkfD1InPblo52JHwn8IhKDfMzdEVQfMAyO1frdb2bTKisY.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 24 15:19:32 BST 2010

In the text of Sam's email on Mardale it mentions Carlisle St. Barnabus as the beneficiary of some of the contents of Mardale Church, could the bell have gone there, a Roger Bolton bell of 1825?

DS
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sam Austin
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 11:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Mardale

  I visited Mardale a few years ago when we had a particularly hot summer. The reservoir very nearly dry and the remains of the old village reappeared. Interestingly, Chapel Bridge was still intact and the stream followed the same route as it did when this photo was taken; http://www.mardale.green.talktalk.net/chapel_bridge.htm

  I did read an old guide book which stated that the single bell from Mardale church was transferred to a church near Carlisle. Unfortunately, I can't remember the new location of the bell, or which book this was in. I do remember it was an 18th century bell. Sorry not to be of more help.

  Aye

  Sam