[Bell Historians] Riverside Carillon.

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at 745QefnGBtdv7Z6lEoE9jV9PJlKrpoB2vDlwGgBPCB1V24sYnHPQwFNEiM--tdfvRKZR2OedRxvecRvxEame-9nuwbblOO1XjQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 1 10:49:05 GMT 2010

I guess I'm probably not alone in finding this thread rather unedifying and hardly worth further public discussion.

Surely, a bell diameter is a diameter - edge to edge at the mouth. It's possible that some other measurement is recorded, but, if so, then it would not be described as the bell diameter.

Isn't it more likely that we have some mis-measurement here? It's a pretty common experience for two people to get slightly different measurements of the same bell, although 1.125" is quite a big margin of error.

Or is it possible that the 7" bell (if that really is a correct and exact measurement) is other than THE smallest of the Riverside bells - i.e. one of the smaller ones, rather than the smallest. It would be worth checking how the owner knows for sure which bell (s)he has got.

Posted in the hope of closing the discussion

CP