[Bell Historians] Identify this church

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at A6dhD8IDTYs87MiKxBAbapAHNULiApSEUYJU8cP_6n-F5DQcqqiltoZwbNs8Kl9uNPBXPG89G3tjCLJSLQT_JXzFt3u__is.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 10 13:26:41 GMT 2010

I think Peter may have looked at the wrong picture - yes, there ARE photos on Windows on Warwickshire which DO show St.Mary's.

It's the one that isn't of the same church that I'm asking about - the one at the top right on the first page of "Astley" in a general search, captioned "A sepia photograph of Astley church and churchyard. 190mm x 247mm". I thought I had provided the exact url for the photo - but perhaps it still takes you to the search box (it didn't when I tried it - but as we know, sites do sometimes behave differently on different computers)

Chris

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Humphreys
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:06 PM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Identify this church

  From the ACNY website...

  http://www.achurchnearyou.com/astley-st-mary-the-virgin/

  Looks like a good match.

  Peter

  Peter Humphreys

  From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at jMr3Dt6_E-qjUtPKwbPQAm8PcEf4xemyaKV799yFp0saMWBh_Z15G9A157ft4hPEzd4Bt_HO09ttfwITppKxwzN7R0md.yahoo.invalidom] On Behalf Of Chris Pickford
  Sent: 10 November 2010 08:16
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Identify this church

  Can anyone identify this church?

  http://www.search.windowsonwarwickshire.org.uk/engine/resource/default.asp?txtKeywords=astley&lstContext=&lstResourceType=&lstExhibitionType=&chkPurchaseVisible=&txtDateFrom=&txtDateTo=&originator=%2Fengine%2Fsearch%2Fdefault_hndlr.asp&page=1&records=47&direction=2&pointer=1312&text=0&resource=22369

  You'll need to cut and paste the whole url into the search window, of course - OR go via the Windows on Warwickshire website at http://www.windowsonwarwickshire.org.uk/default.asp and search on Astley church

  It's not Astley (Warwickshire) as captioned, nor is it Astley (Worcs). Looks Cambridgeshire to me, though I don't recognise it for sure. Thought it might be Trumpington, but it isn't!

  Answers offline please - or online if anyone think it's of general interest

  Chris Pickford
  4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG
  Tel: 01384 878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525
  E-mail: c.j.pickford at Q8dvRt-AYGPtpfp506U9XFkPqR0UoBp7k6bE-D8afjd_DkaWb5UaXUkPnJiXpQkxhKLjG8mhqAzRJRVTh88.yahoo.invalid or (interchangeably) c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com