Useless Information..........

matthewhigby at xizojtHQKkoVEdR1rheAqMiVzNFWoTpgThFD--4RQbGeOybBGQj6XE5aOIeGCQR13lsnBM0HahOx7iqVsJw.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at xizojtHQKkoVEdR1rheAqMiVzNFWoTpgThFD--4RQbGeOybBGQj6XE5aOIeGCQR13lsnBM0HahOx7iqVsJw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 14 19:45:48 GMT 2010

Two questions which members of this list may be able to help me with.

1) How many towers are there where bells are transposed in their pits (usually to save space) and the ropes cross between the bells and ringers? I know of 2 myself - Pip-n-jay in Bristol where 3 and 4 are transposed and Alverstoke (Hants) where 7 and 8 are transposed.

2) Where, and how heavy, is the heaviest single bell which can or could be rung up? I pulled up Great Bede of Downside with the clapper tied some years ago, but that is heavily counterbalanced. With the clapper going - it's a different story!