Useless Information..........

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at s3cCnMp2nxYqSjOzr5tIGbg-nX7Q6wOOwykjlafWCdxcBvLRJk4cGunCiI1SiYww9gEKpBAzsXjDGLt35mTx.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 14 20:45:13 GMT 2010

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, matthewhigby at ... wrote:

> 2) Where, and how heavy, is the heaviest single bell which can or could be rung up? I pulled up Great Bede of Downside with the clapper tied some years ago, but that is heavily counterbalanced. With the clapper going - it's a different story!

A few years ago, somebody reckoned that Peter of York, could be rung full circle with some minimal alteration to the roping.

I imagine the clapper would be doing the Hokey Cokey when rung full circle though, as the bell appears to be well tucked up and with a counter balanced clapper.

Alan