[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

Roderic Bickerton rodbic at U3CnTdKfM7OeDyMGn0PJi_I5fTnTbTMmZC4LfmsMlYVlqiIjaAkRb4EMHm-Gf1RNWY23rgTloYnLKg.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 14 22:38:03 GMT 2010

I have heard of Hosanna going up but the clapper gets random, making it a pointless exercise. the big bells at Dordrecht go high, perhaps the good Mr Parry could comment.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Douglas Davis
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

    On 14 November 2010 19:45, <matthewhigby at d_FLJl45FGJejJWE_TfX-gAEbmnFdo1SQsr7D89_Kalk-3KgR1_JnTrabWHepOdM1Nzb6xCFhvHCH41_7Q.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

    2) Where, and how heavy, is the heaviest single bell which can or could be rung up? I pulled up Great Bede of Downside with the clapper tied some years ago, but that is heavily counterbalanced. With the clapper going - it's a different story!

  I'm certainly no expert on this, but just wondering, could Hosanna (7.5T) at Buckfast Abbey be rung full circle?

  Doug.