[Bell Historians] Re: Church conversion

George Dawson george at z9IESloB7xzDY_QzdmMb1YQ3ryuLnM9H8HVVQKmhUmHlAmRI24tIS_JFY4wuupHboeYDmul4PC8kK1MeYVcuBCLoXC8T-M0.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 17 13:52:50 GMT 2010

>From Mr Pickfords London List (as he is out all day!):

Islington, St.Clement, King Square, Barnsbury (Middlesex)

Walters Ms – Church 1862. 2+1 by Mears & Stainbank 1865, tenor 5 cwt

Whitechapel daybook, 9 June 1865: Three bells weighing 3-3-6, 4-1-12, 5-0-8 supplied with fittings (not all hung for ringing). Cost £125

Whitechapel records, 1953, work on three bells from Barnsbury, diameters, 25⅝”, 27¾” and 29¾”. No weights recorded in tuning book or in file

London inventory p.18 - two bells and a sanctus, by Mears & Stainbank 1865

“This church I am sure is in Arundel Square, Barnsbury. The three bells are hung in an open gable at the west end of the church. The church has now been converted to flats, the bells are still there”

George