[Bell Historians] Re: St. Mary's Cricklade

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at LQWhbBfmqsyXNEas0A8n0rMvj4CJDI7xk8e6evhEikTWYyirpietf0Tt97yrKVoR7q-6gAtViQLqsUI8zGLCyrY.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 24 23:36:36 GMT 2010

From: David & Mary Kelly
During October 1987 I collected a bell (ex-St Judes's, Bristol) from
Taylor's and delivered it to Whitechapel as part of the Claverton
restoration and augmentation scheme. I also collected a second bell from
Taylor's and delivered it to Whitechapel for the Catsfield scheme. I don't
know if this was the Cricklade bell or another second-hand bell. I did take
photographs but sent all of them to Edwin Macadam of the Sussex Churches
Bell Restoration Fund.

There seems to be some confusion about this. Claverton 2/6 is ex-St John's
Clifton, Bristol and weighs 2-3-0, nominal 1378Hz.The ex-St Judes's, Bristol
bell is now 1/6 at Catsfield and weighs 4-0-19, nominal 1245Hz. Both are
inscribed JEFFERIES AND PRICE BRISTOL.
Nick