Re: [Bell Historians] Birmingham University

Dickon Love dickon at r44QO06xStMNYpiWmmYeVqTgXiQQU1jXNOAvgwg4tuTM3Ogy5Qx1_pbi759xwW5rxxgr9KaX1-qDIw.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 22 16:46:16 BST 2010

CJP:
>  Here's my write-up on these  bells

This is all rather nicely timed.  I was there only last Saturday with DLC for Peter Triplow's wedding.  The meeting point was under the clock tower, so I saw it for the first time.  Of course, DLC was able to tell me as much as he could remember about what was up there (and he does have a good memory).  But when 1 o'clock came, and we stood in the courtyard to listen the chime, we heard the quarters, and waited for Great Joe ... and waited ... and waited ...  its boom never materialised, so we went off to hit the wine.

DrL