[Bell Historians] Birmingham University

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at n9-MaVgm8W_jTnfK81FpfPXMbX6Osa5fRrI8RO8zM4oaR3sh6sNdqTjEf0YB4WArR3DK-YBkAeuH74kXiDcoH2n0WbmF.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 22 18:49:37 BST 2010

I should have perhaps added that access to the tower is tight these days. I'm very grateful to Richard Jones for arranging permission, although when we got there - having driven up from Kent specially - I did have a bit of a fright when the chap who actually let us in (rather than the person who had given permission) had no idea we wanted to see the bells and was very reluctant to allow us up above the clock.

The lift is rather interesting - the original of 1907, I believe. A bit of an experience in itself!

CP