Bell Care

eelpondfrog eelpondfrog at YufN1u61S7DXbzgE32Ux7VqbwVJDxkmugpdoX5pohR-5svsDSLKAoT7s_Z0yhPN0sRL1nGlgIRsmNMdrYV0.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 13 00:47:49 BST 2010

Hello All-
I have recently become involved in the care/repair/maintenance of two beautiful Gillett and Johnson Bells in Woods Hole, Massachusetts (US). They are hung fixed in their own stone tower that was built in 1929-1930. They play the Angelus. They are mechanically controlled by their original green Gillett and Johnson mechanical control; possibly driven by a newer electric motor and a much newer clock timer. I would appreciate any and all information on the machinery and its care as well as the care of the tolling mechanisms.
I am new to Yahoo Groups so will try to post photographs later.
Matthew Bumpus