[Bell Historians] Re: Benjamin Annable

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at ENADO25jNR9OMAtkfCPvIb7b8YT-mGMZdC9ZKGaGZlecV3zIb-1kuHRytI6frtBaFfDHr3cF5613Nm3DQby1VppLcZBZEhw7kg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 16 15:40:08 BST 2010

A couple more suggestions / comments from the sidelines

RAS says "In 1777 the Cambridge Youths refer to "the printed register of the society beginning in the year 1667, and regularly transmitted down to the present time".

Might be worth checking the British Library's Eighteenth Century Short Title Catalogue (ESTC) for this. I had some dealings with this project back in the 1980s and they uncovered and catalogued a fantastic amount of C18th printed ephemera. I guess the database is probably subsumed in the BL's main system by now - but worth enquiring

Regarding the possibilities, I do think that separation or divorce can be pretty much ruled out for Annable's parents. It will probably turn out that the father died - though tracing burial records (the IGI doesn't cover them really) is always tricky. There is a National Burials index project, but not - unless I'm out of date - a single database or search portal

The professor thing, too, has been rightly scotched!

CP