[Bell Historians] London bell recordings

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at yXFbSKM7aY0IdVfeDUR6EvTgiS5T2BVS1fl5Lbywy7nfxrYS63lAI4Ijkp6gnCp-C3dKf9j4WbUu-eFXgKaTCA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 21 11:33:28 BST 2010

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Richard Grimmett <richard at ...> wrote:

> Not a good advert for St Dunstans or St Vedast.  And the St Vedast
> recording was made on a Sunday.  Surely an example of it being better to
> have rung 5 well than 6 badly?
>
> Clarrie

I do agree. But there would seem to be some input from ringers via the description of what is being rung.

Could be that the recording were done "on the fly" with the bands not knowing that the recordings would go on the web. The St Dunstan recording looks bad to ringers when they read what is being rung and hear seriously dodgy rounds being rung before the bells go into changes then are then called back into rounds-if the rounds aren't somewhere near good, little point going into changes.

Alan