Ringing World Article from 1979

Chris Darvill manager at g5Bwyby-51KWZI9iXPnKNKFpXrTt3DJqDPfID1lkAq9Imuh5IjPFmO6BXKvEOVwpJ1Xp2I6x6QeXWhSfP96lutw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 21 11:50:38 BST 2010

I've received the following query about an article on p50 of the RW
in 1979. I'm not familiar with the term "Headman" and am hoping
someone can describe what this was. Obviously I know that the
Mancroft company refers to the ringers at Mancroft.

Regards
Chris