Night Casting

matthewhigby at VKMoGr6_WG_qrjKz0cuV4nyfSbijcRPLQrqeXFkK1RUfMQ9o-6BqPyFzZkJ3lRYYnNu1u6zLxowvyfvB.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at VKMoGr6_WG_qrjKz0cuV4nyfSbijcRPLQrqeXFkK1RUfMQ9o-6BqPyFzZkJ3lRYYnNu1u6zLxowvyfvB.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 29 22:02:00 BST 2010

The following clip may be of interest to members of this list. Dutch bellfounder Simeon Laudy recently cast a bell in Utrecht city centre - what a fantastic welcome for a new bell! See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My8jLLQNvmY

I have heard about similar ceremonies to herald the arrival of a new bell - but is there any documentary evidence of similar events happening in the UK? I know that a number of itinerant bellfounders cast bells in churchyards or even churches!

Matthew