Brisbane Cathedral

David davidhird_uk at n6hMJ0L7esmQfDXQ-I0aDw84Ai6MUxeZtchIqRR9JrpdLvFp83QRyyE48I-b0dxh3Au-Dis1VDHSmBL_wP1aMtQMUg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 30 18:42:57 BST 2010

I have rung on the original 10 in the steel tower (horrendous!) and since they have been augmented and reinstalled in the central tower.

If there had never been bells there and the central tower was built to house a new 12 then the tower would deserve a better and heavier ring. They are reasonably toned as Richard says for an oldish Warner ring but are not brilliant. However given that there is a new band there getting to grips with a 12 miles away from anywhere, they are probably fit for purpose as they are clear to hear, go very well and you can ring any combination with ease. So from a practical point of view they are good but they dont compare with either of the 12s say in Sydney which sound so much better.

The 12 at Goulburn are not brilliant either sound wise.