[Bell Historians] How well do bell recordings sell?

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at sZMZ0bDbs59GL1aIFs7mQ3k2gsrnuBtdlYKiJgbfOzi3BBIL0GH3clFPOhTYh8d4HEMv0ZLL82fhfa_kxdBERK9DAw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 4 15:02:39 BST 2011

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Sam Austin <sam0austin at ...> wrote:

> Some of the 'zoom' digital recorders are good.
>
> Aye
>
> Sam
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Hayden Charles <hcharles at ...>wrote
> >
> > Have you considered upgrading to one of the many recorders with no
> > moving parts? So far as I am aware it is nigh on impossible to transfer
> > recordings from minidisc to computer without going through another cycle
> > of analogue to digital conversion, implying that the final result is
> > subtly different from the original recording. The more recent generation
> > of digital recorders allow direct copying of the digital file without
> > change. Just a thought, but it is probably one of the reasons that
> > minidisc fell by the wayside.
> >
> > Hayden Charles

Thanks Hayden and Sam, for suggestions-but there is little point me paying out £200-£300 for a new digital recorder, as it would only be used to produce a couple of dozen recordings.

A decent minidisc set up (with decent microphone (s) and manual recording level works perfectly well when set up properly, for this type of recording.

The DAD conversion isn't too much of a problem, but that seems to depend on a lot of factors.

Alan