[Bell Historians] Re: Bells that never were ...

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at v-xACGf7CeyQPNMPuHdZbMMAUWb4bYfmsBwMq8dtsB4w74ZbpAiorxS00qHb2RjafA6Iy957RPRlFd2cBNGrUQlW2ucYRu7fOHM.yahoo.invalid
Thu Apr 7 09:08:12 BST 2011

Mike has beaten me to it. Coventry is the classic example. I have been up the tower (though long ago, in 1977), and the "bell chamber" is completely empty, and the clock (Smith of Derby, 1915) is a timepiece movement. It's maybe one for my "What's up that tower?" series - answer "absolutely nothing"

At Stourbridge, so far as I know, the tower contains a no.2 timepiece clock by Gillett & Johnston, 1909. The clock tower was erected in memory of Isaac Nash, and is (or was) known as the Nash Memorial Clock Tower

CP