Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Bells that never were ...

Dickon Love dickon at 5yG81yVIxV7Dr4oSjIrjWtpofrq7Oo1iqQRx6uHRRHhY567dsB05GlGkBls_wsjWvrhl93UhHUpRCQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Apr 7 10:16:48 BST 2011

>  Certainly about ten years ago I was  surprised to hear the clock chime
>  there, although it was clearly one of  Smiths' synthetic chimes rather than
>  real bells. Haven't heard it lately, but  maybe they turned it off while so
>  much work was going on in and around the  station

My guess is that it is permanently turned off as there are now apartments in the tower.  The Cardinal Rector actually went to a party in the tower room and said it was very nice indeed!

DrL