[Bell Historians] G&J

John Harrison john at CCMrX5PTQc5MXF2ieSELtBloKsWAgYcRXH7bkF2Q1tT38ZWzBbP4GMdcnUCPihWY2gLwUSTOmde4yDkH.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 19 15:08:58 BST 2011

> A diagram of the contraption can be found on page 20 of History and Art
> of Change Ringing by Ernest Morris.

It's not very helpful, even with a magnifying glass, for trying to see how
it worked.

>From the context I guess it is intended to lift the clapper to promote hum.
 The text says it has no springs, and the label points to a 'gravity
toggle' but it's still not clear how it works, bearing in mind that the
first impact of the clapper is while the bell (and the toggle) are above
it.

Regards

--
John Harrison