[Bell Historians] Chester Cathedral

Andrew Aspland aaspland at iVEwyYw8NessWkvlfUCaIkEoCwcQKQoBfuf1fqHArH2KU8apDCBlOprAnL15lXzxeoO5F88WWrF_BQ5S1w.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 20 21:35:38 BST 2011

The frame numbering also suggests the 12 are the bottom tier and the “new” bells are in four more tiers above this – stick out the roof surely!
Andrew

From: Sam0austin
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:11 PM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Chester Cathedral

The weights suggest a chromatic chime. I think it may be an April fool but I am prepared to be proved wrong.

Sam

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Apr 2011, at 18:52, "Mike Chester" <mike at mhc8zrh-jjZZu_ZGdInOoTi3B0iYS23f2UcUc7hUG220rdu_5CQqTgvW1nXN9QQrJayLq6K2w1XMOXdcSvNVoDiMiZimXBQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

  I notice that 10 new Whitechapel bells with a tenor of 103cwt have appeared against Chester Cathedral on Dove.

  Kept this quiet! I assume that they are a chime for the central tower. Is this correct?

  Mike