[Bell Historians] New use for an old bell

David Cawley davidl.cawley at tkXhRQ2JJ9bYqAAnU9xmphXJNUKazc65Fk4l0jbWCIM88u6NHJkqmcs0Ua_xak1yIMcvV6KYG6As3AZLmYNEyjWf-b8.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 4 21:12:16 BST 2011

Congratulations to Keltek on suggesting this bell. I'm sure Alan Cattell would have been delighted. It looks great

But was there any reason for not mentioning the name of the bell firm involved in a tricky project, or are we in danger of taking them for granted when storing our discarded bells ....?

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David & Mary Kelly
  To: bellhistorians
  Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:16 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] New use for an old bell

  In January the Keltek Trust received an enquiry for an old and discarded bell to be incorporated into an exhibition at the Folkestone triennial Arts Festival. We suggested one of the pre-2008 bells from Scraptoft and the exhibit is now open! Photograph and video links are below.
  Dave

  http://www.akdolven.com/

  http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/video/2011/jun/29/folkestone-triennial-2011-review-video?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3486