[Bell Historians] New use for an old bell

David & Mary Kelly keltek at 4QVOLXUoYdOOAh84rDjhlNXmc0g0dNaB9lSR3nZxNCVNaRQ6sOXe1W-8qfiU_WIcRKIBRIUfMGVWrNo.yahoo.invalid
Fri Aug 5 07:06:14 BST 2011

Congratulations to Keltek on suggesting this bell. I'm sure Alan Cattell would have been delighted. It looks great

But was there any reason for not mentioning the name of the bell firm involved in a tricky project, or are we in danger of taking them for granted when storing our discarded bells ....?

I am sure George Dawson could add more as I know that he was closely involved; all we did was make the suggestion to the enquirer that this discarded bell met most (but not all) of their requirements. Initially they were looking for a bell of between 10-20cwt to hang between the poles!
Dave