[Bell Historians] New use for an old bell

Andrew Aspland aaspland at A0FriAykAbjdeGS3BsENADPZUp9YdKYYO2h_yDOjlJiESbbSY3yfFtyfyWjTpEFuIOfjXUNN9si16c78JyQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 8 19:50:36 BST 2011

Reminds me of an A level maths problem in statics.  If a bell weighing 5 cwt is suspended between two rigid poles by a light inextensible string.........
Andrew

From: David & Mary Kelly
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:16 PM
To: bellhistorians
Subject: [Bell Historians] New use for an old bell

In January the Keltek Trust received an enquiry for an old and discarded bell to be incorporated into an exhibition at the Folkestone triennial Arts Festival. We suggested one of the pre-2008 bells from Scraptoft and the exhibit is now open! Photograph and video links are below.
Dave

http://www.akdolven.com/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/video/2011/jun/29/folkestone-triennial-2011-review-video?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3486