[Bell Historians] hemispherical bells for sale on ebay

c.j.pickford.t21 at 3ZmVj_394Xpz5FTE12C9oasDLL-ydjx6DHh3bB30sMc2w762Jqr4w8bAunfPp_uwY0_CS4IBpeMAUw3hpZ81-ztjewk67DQ.yahoo.invalid c.j.pickford.t21 at 3ZmVj_394Xpz5FTE12C9oasDLL-ydjx6DHh3bB30sMc2w762Jqr4w8bAunfPp_uwY0_CS4IBpeMAUw3hpZ81-ztjewk67DQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Dec 8 02:07:36 GMT 2011

>From my list of hemispehrical bells - as complete as I can make it - I only know of three sets by M&S dated 1873. These are Galashiels (3), High Beech (13) and Keble College Oxford (3). The former chime of 11 at St.Mark's, Victoria Park, London E, may have been dated 1873 too - but were installed in 1874

Some were supplied direct by the founders, but quite a lot of sets of hemisphericals were supplied through clockmakers - Thwaites & Reed, bensons and Blockleys in particular.

So, I can't offer any enlightenment on this set, but I'd certainly be keen to know if their provenance can be established. Also, are they a clock chime or a running five? In the meantime they've been added to the list as "unknown"

CP