[Bell Historians] Diagonal Frames

Carl Scott Zimmerman csz_stl at Io4N49y-um7y6PO70izeDD89U0JaP8zlE2ijH34sOjJJB-ltqxtmxN_SX5LT93GTyobc2GsWY5Z6Kcg.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jan 9 02:03:19 GMT 2011

Just for comparison:  In the USA, assuming installation in a
pre-existing square or rectangular tower, I've found only one chime
in a diagonal frame.  And I got such a brief look at it that I
couldn't even determine why it was done that way.

On the other hand, I've seen a number of installations where a chime
frame was installed on a structural base of I-beams set on belfry
window sills.

I can't think of any carillon (traditional or non-traditional) that
fits either of those descriptions.

CSZ