[Bell Historians] Moulding wires - pattern encoding

Carl Scott Zimmerman csz_stl at FQJm9pXEypUR_BqYdACBDQUFwXw0kv_1StAdvrpMLWJ2LOAzJGwQ39zRVoCCSdAa290wVQVpN0hwkw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jan 17 22:15:03 GMT 2011

Thanks, Richard.

This descriptive method seems to need place holders for instances
where no moulding wires are present.  Thus bells made during the last
30+ years of the Henry Stuckstede Bell Foundry Co. might be described
as 0,0,1-0.  Or would 0,,1-0 suffice?

Does this method apply to all (or most) British-made bells of the
past century or two?  I ask because it would not apply to the work of
several 19th-c. American bellfounders, for various reasons other than
a total absence of moulding wires.  (Sorry, I don't have any
illustrations online yet.)

Carl

_____

_____