[Bell Historians] Method name

Ted Steele ted.steele at IHqtvnPyJN4kVYMyw8v6a3BP_QdkXkoe_YoasoNJxfRvFLaNBReByRjMoE37LcS8Gq76EA5aikYcVSGzk14.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jan 24 11:43:06 GMT 2011

On 24/01/2011 09:09, Sue Marsden wrote:

> On 21 January 2011 13:04, Hayden Charles <hcharles at -lEzFW3UI9Qq0NkjWnDbDAVfIUC2UhHlreqZ6rJ5hwzq_Gs4mfhnlPSDqT0UmK9cmVIN2gT69zanlFfCcFo.yahoo.invalid
> <mailto:hcharles%40nildram.co.uk>> wrote:
> > 147 treble-dodging methods which met the requirements.
> > Hayden Charles
> >

> Interesting that the number of 'legitimate' methods is the same as the
> maximum break at snooker!

The maximum normal break; it can be higher if the break begins with a
free ball followed by potting the black and clearing the rest in the
normal way for a maximum, giving a 155 break. I dont know if this has
ever arisen; does anyone know? It is theoretically possible to begin a
break in this way and then miss the final red/black, thus leaving the
break at 147. I wonder if this should happen in a top competition the
sponsors would pay out the special prize for a 147.

Ted