Gaps in ringing careers

George Dawson george at XnqZTSdNyuzvPMtcTqaSWjSEeLAZ5xT59Occt5AXwy5gMXUIU9CHuQvdINe8fgzZ2ms-yxzYcVaoYs3vheoA6I8AcU5TmMZJ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jan 27 09:27:06 GMT 2011

I suppose this is for this list rather than anywhere else.

A gentleman turned up to our practice night last night, he has just moved
into the village. He said he had rung whilst at school, Milton Abbey in
Dorset, but then his career in the Army had taken him away. We gave him the
opportunity to ring, and after the first 'disaster', he quickly remembered
and by the end of the evening was ringing rounds competently. Nothing too
unusual so far, but he left school in 1959, 51 years ago!

George