Wanamaker Mausoluem bells

JCONNORS00 at dxpwD_ViTrwLqd4k-LC5oVGlohyt8tQHWA-ob6OixqlkGE8ZgDcf-2GcHqnkAP-MUqX8Ada02U4B.yahoo.invalid JCONNORS00 at dxpwD_ViTrwLqd4k-LC5oVGlohyt8tQHWA-ob6OixqlkGE8ZgDcf-2GcHqnkAP-MUqX8Ada02U4B.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jul 6 17:52:25 BST 2011

I visited, videotaped and played the 15 bell 1908 McShane chime back in 1994.  A typical McShane cimestand, but the levers went quite low.  It also had a 16 tube electric Deagan which was in sad shape and only a few of them were operable.  The keyboard was on the door.  Just visited ten Philadelphia towers in June but ran out of time, but will return in a few months and report back on all of the towers I have visited at that time.
  Sadly, there is no group of chimers, as there are change ringers, carilloneurs, and bell collectors.  After climbing over 300 chime towers and plenty of others, it is about time that we have an established society.

Joe Connors     North American Chime Historian        WWW.ALLCHIMES.ORG .