[Bell Historians] Corley Church [2 Attachments]

Ted Steele ted.steele at hiXC6XyOuyvWTw_cN6InxwnHUe-5i7F73rm5-OF3QI0Ff8SJscMeu0ShwKJegoeFrdr6jIv85kqW7Eo8PS0.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jun 8 22:15:32 BST 2011

On 08/06/2011 20:31, Mike Chester wrote:

> Is the carving in the photograph a "Green Man"? If not, what does it show?
>
> Can anyone tell me what might be going on with the arches in the
> photograph?
> Why is the small upper one not immediately above the pillar?

I think it could be a green man but am by no means certain, very
rudimentary if so. As for the arch, it looks as though a larger arcade
may have been cut into an earlier wall with the high window already
there, but that is just speculation. I too am curious. I could post your
question on the churchcrawlers list if you like. Perhaps someone there
will know.

Ted