Corley Church

Mike Chester mike at 9pBPpz4wBISmOYLwtxC0GR0kM_0iDRaNtZnjjXA1nkQbhAxPk71I3Mxcpz-La3gI7qN2qo51IhQhYpjST_x12Ll8mR4w.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jun 8 20:31:51 BST 2011

While we are having work done on Allesley's bells were are having our
practice at Corley.  I had a look round this fascinating little church and
noticed a couple of things. Not strictly about bells, but if you have rung
there you would know why I was wandering around and not on the end of a
rope!  Can anyone tell me:-

Is the carving in the photograph a "Green Man"?  If not, what does it show?

Can anyone tell me what might be going on with the arches in the photograph?
Why is the small upper one not immediately above the pillar?

Mike