[Bell Historians] Bolton

andrew at Q7Q9Usf_NbSpBN2JU5WsAo_aFqx1YaJ_0CRDUNpjC3aO4MIQQcmR1lxNFUdv3YyZi_qQ8zDSVKtPDolx.yahoo.invalid andrew at Q7Q9Usf_NbSpBN2JU5WsAo_aFqx1YaJ_0CRDUNpjC3aO4MIQQcmR1lxNFUdv3YyZi_qQ8zDSVKtPDolx.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 9 17:28:21 GMT 2011

The Localisim Bill is to confer powers of general competence on Local Authorities which may help. Whether the skills exist with Members and Officer to take advantage of this will remain to be seen.
I'm not actually talking about Planners by the way. Its some of the others.
Andrew
(Getting into election mood)

-----Original Message-----
From: "Peter Rivet" <peter at plrivet.plus.com>
Sender: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 17:17:27
To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Bolton

"Apparently developers cannot come up with schemes that stack up to the
satisfaction of our Officers, who are all of course highly experienced
in these matters but prefer working in a more socially useful
environment with guaranteed pensions etc etc."

In my experience a lot of people working for planning authorities would love
the Council to have a go at doing historic buildings up itself, but there's
no budget to allow this!

Peter Rivet