[Bell Historians] Re: The old Buckfast bells.

Sam Austin sam0austin at IwIsLcKp0icgt0GWEM7TCbJbNq44SlA3Rfbw-kdQNhVv4L2wXxBcm-ihLxwJPY2GEwuj1Sx1EqZqyA.yahoo.invalid
Sun May 22 19:02:08 BST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Mike Chester
<mike at RTmHzOr_2zXGEy4jK04vHdoUQheBpZpTCzSJTkhvM7MY-N_Slc53buFXjZoWeKulOgJaJHE1WTD9bRJ7wmQnmL-4yJutiw.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

>  Can we be sure? There is no sound that is for certain in sync with the
> images. No crowd noise, for instance. The sound quality of the bells is much
> better than other "sounds". Could the sound have been over-dubbed at a later
> date with "suitable noises"?

In the box set of "World at War" narrated by Laurence Olivier, there is a
clip of the wedding of one of the Nazi officials, with Hitler as best man.
As the film show the couple leaving the church, change ringing has been
dubbed over the top.
Aye

Sam