[Bell Historians] St John the Evangelist, Folkton, nr. Filey, N. Yorkshire

Bryan McCahey b.mccahey at _cyHb22oAvRD3t-SaEw1oT2wU3vRr-47qAk3zFXOP6AN2c73hG8dSKYtuUZCnI7IL8pT7Wi6ruK8jQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 26 22:01:45 BST 2011

Thanks Chris (and George!) I agree entirely with your sentiments!
Bryan

________________________________
From: Chris Pickford <c.j.pickford.t21 at R1aMIGrP0KFkQiwff07lYTeGbcS3eeEEmrW_ICnjy34n5yWqA8D53bd8eJRG-ABUDOiLdg3a3CbQf1gNC_R89Y3-lhdA.yahoo.invalid>
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, May 26, 2011 1:15:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] St John the Evangelist, Folkton, nr. Filey, N.
Yorkshire

George Dawson's NBR to the rescue - from
http://georgedawson.homestead.com/nbr.html

Church Dedication Bell On Pres        List Canons Dia. Weight Note Date Founder
Visited

Folkton St John 1 of 3     27.5     1727 Samuel II Smith  GAD 1/69
Folkton St John 2 of 3 Yes 6 31     c1450 J Hoton GAD 1/69
Folkton St John 3 of 3     34.5     1675 Samuel I        Smith  GAD  1/69

No further details, though, in the Dawson  / Clouston CD publication "The Church
Bells of Yorkshire: Diocese of York,  the North Riding"

Posting this, as it's easy to overlook  the fact that George's site includes a
great deal of material not available  on Dove. He deserves our very grateful
thanks for all that he's done and  continues to do on this

CP