[Bell Historians] St John the Evangelist, Folkton, nr. Filey, N. Yorkshire

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at FBZwfHp-o4eW7B_HByKV7to44SI0W3Bjb-TEud4S5cUwenx7MATAXrgFtqCSCCehEK5upxEAku9OuzxsIKd6txu9bSIefA.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 26 21:15:05 BST 2011

George Dawson's NBR to the rescue - from http://georgedawson.homestead.com/nbr.html

      Church Dedication Bell On Pres List Canons Dia. Weight Note Date Founder Visited

      Folkton St John 1 of 3     27.5     1727 Samuel II Smith  GAD 1/69
      Folkton St John 2 of 3 Yes 6 31     c1450 J Hoton GAD 1/69
      Folkton St John 3 of 3     34.5     1675 Samuel I Smith  GAD 1/69

No further details, though, in the Dawson / Clouston CD publication "The Church Bells of Yorkshire: Diocese of York, the North Riding"

Posting this, as it's easy to overlook the fact that George's site includes a great deal of material not available on Dove. He deserves our very grateful thanks for all that he's done and continues to do on this

CP