[Bell Historians] Peals on Six Bells

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at nCXMujpYUFZvYm17DY4Ytd_iUbd0ooOQPKbaQSn_zgvsEHDBszt1b2X90xU4_hM8jwXQNWin_wtbfZuuHHS-VpUZ8tkNrw.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 2 08:14:07 GMT 2011

The chronology of methods and the evolution of method names really isn't
my thing (at all!), but I do seem to recall that sorting it out and
charting changes in names over time was one of the things that got Cyril
Wratten interested in his newspaper researches. His interest definitely
stemmed from ringing theory initially, even if he became absorbed in the
history for its own interest later on. I wonder if his papers include
anything that would answer some of the queries posed in this string
about what methods were rung in 1737, and when the current versions
(Worcester etc) evolved?

Might be worth trying Alan Glover, or perhaps John Eisel (who is still
working on the Wratten newspaper stuff) may know

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at dF22UJCRkIAG_3mSktf6ChSe8bGrFAuo-dAxogf1g5Wz7RavhV2X8woCp5RgFB_wGgfa2fPQrc2cC2OQIg.yahoo.invalid or