[Bell Historians] Re: 1936 German Olympic Bell

David Cawley davidl.cawley at lS-8VRw-LjHoqWt1VvqlKaNuCFy0bbAuauQMt_TGhw7LhbcMzkzCmYjyMkzz1gbgyDBJRQDGQeerBGkKGKtNdCB7.yahoo.invalid
Sat Nov 5 15:40:10 GMT 2011

It was a huge steel bell, and there is a grim photograph of it, swastikas and all, being trundled to the stadium with an escort of armed soldiers, in Ernest Morris' 'Bells of All Nations'. I seem to remember some discussion of the bell and its present whereabouts a few years ago, but the details escape me. It should be an interesting and topical article.

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Lewis
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: 1936 German Olympic Bell

  Any fluent German speakers on the list looking for a challenge?

  I am seeking someone to research and write an article for the RW on
  the bell that was the centre-piece of the 1936 Berlin Olympic Games.

  Please contact me off-list if you are interested.

  Thanks.

  RAL

  ***Please note change of bank details and address***
  Bank: CAF Bank Sort Code: 40-52-40 Account Number: 00095085

  The Ringing World Ltd, 35A High Street, Andover, SP10 1LJ
  T: 01264 366620 F: 01264 360594 W: www.ringingworld.co.uk

  This message is sent on behalf of The Ringing World Ltd, registered
  office: 35A High Street, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 1LJ (Company No.
  1722963, Registered Charity No. 287182). The message and any
  attachments are confidential. All content is intended only for the
  intended recipient and may not be acted upon or transmitted in any
  form by any other party. If you receive this message in error, please
  contact the sender and delete this communication from your computer.