what are these bells called

John David johnedavid at 7VOecgl48bYG4GMqAV7GFuZKEb9lm8X6BoyaA3UbtWtr5WskmtiTAhsMGAdvSprBgohVDKNFIR-yWH5bUuIVsZI.yahoo.invalid
Tue Oct 11 13:40:00 BST 2011

I asked our former rector, now retired. This is his answer
"The single bell on the wall by the sacristy/vestry is called the Sacristy Bell,  and is rung as the priest enters to celebrate the Mass or to officiate at Evensong.
The other bells which are rung during the Mass at the Elevation of the Host and the Chalice are called the Sanctus Bells."
John David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/pipermail/bell-historians/attachments/20111011/23d49611/attachment.html>

More information about the Bell-historians mailing list