[Bell Historians] re: what are these bells called

John Camp camp at dRJiaBVaOFHdOkyBfRq0qufKRAJ3RMTZFiTwZgt1kgBR9a533BBI1YsFNqJBt2vZ9QC7waS-TkI5OQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Oct 11 14:07:15 BST 2011

At 13:55 on 11 October 2011, Dickon Love wrote:

> I asked our Cardinal Rector and Chief Sacristan at St Magnus ...

> "If you mean the Sacristan's bell that hangs at the door of the
> Sacristy, I don't think it has or has ever had a name."

All of which suggests that it is one of those made-up traditions, much
beloved of the Catholic wing of the C of E.  Why should it have a name?
I suppose that, if you have a bell hanging outside the vestry or
sacristy, then you can call it a vestry bell or sacristy bell.  But
those names are descriptive rather than prescriptive.

John Camp