[Bell Historians] Devizes museum

matthewhigby at KPcPflQQsyhNvQD4Li18reogBklQ8LkHiJq7PSsYil2cQYw7IRa2PNsAzL_Sw6m57flkaqjtl2OQ7hlSHeg.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at KPcPflQQsyhNvQD4Li18reogBklQ8LkHiJq7PSsYil2cQYw7IRa2PNsAzL_Sw6m57flkaqjtl2OQ7hlSHeg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 24 21:47:22 BST 2011

Washborough and Hale of Bristol. I have seen others N H and B (below) at Abergwili nr Carmarthan I.e. Newton and Heanes also J P and B formerly at Vobster nr Frome (Jefferies and Price) also similar profile bells by L&J and John Westcott. Chew Stoke school bell is an identical shape too. That claims to have been a late Bilbie but is unmarked. Definately a Bristol Dynasty :-) cheers, Matthew
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dennis Powney" <dennis.powney at lineone.net>
Sender: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:24:48
To: Historians Bell<bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Bell Historians] Devizes museum

A bell in the Wiltshire Heritage Museum at Devizes, about 2 cwt, is
inscribed on the waist, W + H, below that is the letter B, and below that
the date, 1809. The museum would like to know the founder. Can we help?

The bell is on display but there is no accompanying information; not even
where the bell came from!

This is the second time I have asked this question of Bell Historians. The
first time, several years ago, an answer came back quickly and I gave the
info to the museum but they have mislaid it, and I have forgotten! Sorry.

A new archivist at the museum is now keen to display the bell properly,
complete with details.

Thanks,

Dennis Powney.