[Bell Historians] Re: [c-r] Help please

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at G5mlBTs-XG88LGCbNIO_atvnT0HJwQqusf_2vU_aRAim2Xoc3vzIERbDQge_0SRGqNJ8fm2DNK7UooTK.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 9 04:00:11 BST 2011

Some information here:
   http://www.gcna.org/data/TXHOUSSH.HTM

I've talked with the installer of these bells.  In spite of the $M spent by the Archdiocese, the tower is little more than an empty shell, with really poor access.  There is no floor to the belfry, so no possibility of adding a traditional keyboard and action to the bells in the future.  Sad.

Carl Scott Zimmerman

Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -

- 19th c. home of at least 35 bell founders or resellers

Tel. (314)821-8437

Assistant Webmaster for http://www.GCNA.org/

Webmaster for http://www.TowerBells.org/

  *  Avocation:   tower bells