[Bell Historians] Digest Number 2914

David & Mary Kelly keltek at brW7NCf_h_GTZRnu4bwRpPB_rej3dk3s35K0RdUlZWaTYb0qIUttRsEdA1uINUZdYRQAvONAxYJ2wrw.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 14 20:51:29 BST 2011

I have the details of where the five bells have been relocated but need to refer the the Keltek Trust notes. I will respond when I return home; I am currently walking part of the South West Coast path and not expected to be home for another week. I tried to have a look at the unringable 3 at St Levan this afternoon but a locked door prevented access to the tower!

Dave

--- On Tue, 13/9/11, bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Bell Historians] Digest Number 2914
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 13 September, 2011, 14:47

Bell Historians

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Re: Grove House, Harrogate From: Andrew Aspland
View All Topics | Create New Topic
Message

1a.

Re: Grove House, Harrogate
Posted by: "Andrew Aspland" aaspland at GqlPzPg_sPL5cZLK_IomSmVgiXrYkt5Kb_gF4eP3KZf9oqkK-rdk5cahnCZ3A8ExIM4bqdFvONNeewDsVg.yahoo.invalid   aaspland
Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:27 am (PDT)

The two tenors at Imber are E and F# and assuming they have been tuned a little but not a lot then they could have been the hour and fourth quarter of a Cambridge Quarter chime with the three smaller bells being B, C#, D#. The man who may know is Eric Robinson (Ossett) who rescued the bells and used to maintain the clock. He told me there used to be more bells in the past.
I worked for six years just around the corner from Grove House but that was after the bells had gone!
Andrew