[Bell Historians] Re: J. Rawlings Tisbury Wiltshire

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at Cq-Fx0rdKnqqdkjW7nGhfDXPKIDp-X4vUyxdIOh6-jXEq7I0IMi2fzfqYajmst8o4RRbWJM0axYAn4Wg3teA0wAHtgysKzXtLSw.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 28 09:40:45 BST 2011

This is certainly of interest to me for the eventual - a long term
project, I'm afraid - completion of Christopher Dalton's "Wiltshire" book.

I did check, though, and Christopher hasn't recorded any other instances
of chiming machines - or other work - by Rawlings in Wiltshire.

In Michael Snell's book /Clocks and Clockmakers of Salisbury/ (1986) he
mentions that Messrs Rawlings of Tisbury made the frame of the Tisbury
church clock, apparently in 1795 when Thomas Osmond (senior) made the
working parts of the clock [although this looks "wrong" in the light of
what Brian has found, and I wonder if Rawlings replaced the original
clock frame at a later date]

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at 1AE_Bo6iDDaQadFRp9Gje21oDo9GXWeDTqRyMyDURg33kXwF-En8e6EXfZ1mEfswJqAVJj6665w4phM1FbQk.yahoo.invalid or