[Bell Historians] Somerset

matthewhigby at 7nKVnWcr7KMIqX5uS15S0XYZ9YFlojquYojTpLn3mmYdPUDhzyct7qq-CHtXI4jgSMw28Lz9VzP3H2BBl9Y.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at 7nKVnWcr7KMIqX5uS15S0XYZ9YFlojquYojTpLn3mmYdPUDhzyct7qq-CHtXI4jgSMw28Lz9VzP3H2BBl9Y.yahoo.invalid
Thu Apr 5 09:58:48 BST 2012

It has been agreed that I will compile an errata and running update for Somerset which will be published (eventually) on the BWDACR website. I already have quite a large amount of info. Please let me know of anything you notice! Best wishes, Matthew
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Pickford <c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com>
Sender: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 09:14:23
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com<bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Bell Historians] Somerset

David Bromwich (who saw George Massey's "Somerset" into print) has asked
me to notify this list that all George's bell notes and correspondence,
rubbings, and plaster casts are now in the Somerset Heritage Centre,
Brunel Way, Norton Fitzwarren, Taunton, TA2 6SF, telephone 01823 278805.

The material won't have been catalogued yet and so it may not be
available for immediate use, so intending visitors should contact the
Centre to enquire about progress and access arrangements

However, we can be sure that the material will be preserved for future
use and that it will - in time - be available to bell historians for
further study

The Walters "Somerset" manuscript is already there, of course - (ref:
DD\SAS\C/795/CH/16/1-2 -- part 1 acquired in 1934, and part 2 received
as accession no. DD\SAS\C\2464

--
Chris Pickford 4 Walmsley Court, High Street, Kinver, DY7 6HG Tel: 01384
878435 or (mobile) 07811 453525 E-mail: c.j.pickford at talk21.com or
(interchangeably) c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com