[Bell Historians] Frating, Essex

David Sloman david at lkxLP9G8Kfhq7gTtiZD70AJT6qWiu3ICd_57MGuISadnzj4-E8gCrG43Htc9CH2l5cFLD5WeBhmEn_bi_SyieB2m5D71Gn4.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 17 00:41:35 BST 2012

The church tower at Frating became unsafe in 1975, the church was closed in October of that year and the tower demolished in May 1976. The body of the church was declared redundant and the building is now a private dwelling. The bells were hung for ringing when seen in 1967 but were not in a ringable condition. The treble of three by William Dawe is now a service bell at Coggeshall in Essex, the second bell by Mears & Stainbank 1884 is at St. John the Evangelist Pool Quay, Powys and the Kebyll tenor is a service bell at Ilford. The 4 bell frame, which apparently dated from 1872 was destroyed. There is no record of there being any more than 3 bells in the tower.


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/pipermail/bell-historians/attachments/20120417/23ebcf99/attachment.html>

More information about the Bell-historians mailing list