[Bell Historians] Re: Historical differences between long-standing bell foundries?

Andrew Wilby andrew at Um1A4DA6CqGTQXrwyuv7MMU5d9um68eykvGB6mdA8dV__u8DzxfCQq-qHiURgpYu1B3eQy4Zfwo.yahoo.invalid
Sun Apr 29 09:59:21 BST 2012

The problem with the Sheffield company was that its maximum furnace
capacity was around about 10cwt, therefore not a comprehensive solution.
Their casting quality was excellent though and in the precision market.
However they re-evaluated their production costs and realised that they
were un-economically expensive.

Regards

Andrew