1812 Overture

John Cummins murbah at IUtNyHUt1mf3e3ISGElG9nzUaaFaC8m_jbBiLwJnjPBkJwmF0zTJVR3NxaA0fcAEBDw5dtOsc6tgVUH-7Ns.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 2 01:16:57 BST 2012

I can recall an occasion when the Overture was been played in Hyde Park which runs alongside St. Mary's Cathedral in Sydney.  In order for the bells to ring at the appropriate time a signal came to us in the belltower at the speed of light  and the bells rang out at the speed of sound.  I don't know if we came in at the right time or not.   Jack Cummins