Great British story

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at Lcu8rmBt_Fk3nW-dM0v6-HfedSfRhPlQtM8LOzBbttnsxkgQBtSgXNY6d_8l4N9dK2zHLoGJQxaDUDgYo4dTQVEEYb49070.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 2 09:04:41 BST 2012

Haven't seen this mentioned yet and I missed the original broadcast, but
one of the Halesowen ringers has just brought it to my attention.

The episode in the Michael Wood series 'The Great British Story' on BBC2
broadcast last Friday, featured the Halesowen ringers narrating an item
showing a bell being cast at Loughborough, reading extracts from their
churchwarden's accounts regarding a bell cast in the churchyard in 1620.
Currently the episode (no. six) is available on the iPlayer, linked from
the programme home page http://www.bbc.co.uk/greatbritishstory/ I
haven't watched it myself yet, but I'm told the bit featuring Halesowen
starts at 2:36, with further clips at 31:30 and 30 seconds of ringing at
53:12

A bit of genuine bell history - on the telly
--
Chris Pickford
E-mail: c.j.pickford at IPuYwV8mOIO5IuZ53VCrkhnKRqRmP5dAdNMEwu-Qqn7D_X_s-176wZy0HgBlHD5TXoaNA14GNpoTJReULPg.yahoo.invalid or (interchangeably)